Biking is not just a great cardiovascular exercise; it's also a lot of fun. There are a few bike accessories to consider, however, if you want to make the most of your trip.
1. Cycling computers: If you use your bike primarily to work out, cycling computers are a great idea. They track your mileage, speed, and work to keep you in the loop about how you are performing.
2. Bicycle Headlights: These are very valuable, especially if you are a commuter riding during the early morning or later evening when cars may have less visibility. LED bicycle lights provide strong concentrated beams of light.
3. Bicycle Taillights: The rear of your bike also needs some light, which is why these are also a good investment to make. These often have different settings, such as blinking, continuous, and flash, all of which allow you to increase your visibility.
4. Fenders: Biking through the rain is a bummer, but fenders make it more bearable. You should also invest in good rain gear, like a weatherproof coat and waterproof boots and pants.
5. Spare Tube: A flat tire is no fun, but it can be fixed if you have the right supplies. First and foremost is a spare tube. After that you need a couple of tire levers and a frame pump.
6. Saddle: If you bought your bike used (or maybe you just want an upgrade), a nice saddle is definitely worth investing in. This area most directly influences the comfort of your ride and its importance can not be overstated.
7. Kick Stands: Want to stand your bike up without leaving it against anything? That's where these come in. A classic, convenient way to keep your bike upright.
8. Bike Lock: Another great accessory that allows you to take your bike everywhere without having to worry about it being stolen.
9. Water Bottle and Holder: If you are biking for at least fifteen minutes, chances are you will break a sweat. If that's the case, rehydrate with a water bottle that sits conveniently on your bike frame.
10. Helmet: Of all bike accessories that we've mentioned here today, the helmet is by far the most important. It is mandatory in most places, so wearing one will prevent you from getting a ticket, not to mention a helmet that can save your life in the wrong kind of accident. Do not mess around when it comes to your own safety.
These ten bike accessories are very valuable. Ideally you should have them all for maximum safety and comfort, but if you can not buy them all at once, choose one at a time until you can. Happy riding!
Source by Mark Etinger